Ryan and I share a love of breakfast food. Any time we have the chance to go out for brunch we really enjoy it, so we decided that for 2018 we were going to make that a priority and try a new brunch place each month.
We decided to keep track of all the places that we try and rate each place based on factors that are important to us: coffee, taste of the food, service, portion size, and price. I’ve listed the places we tried in order from least favorite to our favorite place of the year!
- Jack & Nellie’s (Forest Hills, Queens) — Unfortunately, we were not very impressed with this place. It got great reviews on Yelp, but we felt like it was too pricey for the amount and quality of food you received.
- The Supply House (Upper East Side) — We enjoyed meeting up with some friends for brunch on this day and were pleased when we weren’t rushed out after finishing our food. We do wish the portions were a little larger, but overall we enjoyed our brunch!
- The Omelette Shoppe (Grand Rapids, MI) — We received good food for a really good price. We would definitely visit this place again to try something else.
- Agora Taverna (Forest Hills, Queens) — We loved that the servers gave us some muffins to snack on while we waited for our food, although we were pleasantly surprised to receive our food so quickly after ordering!
- Highland Bakery (Atlanta, GA) — The friend who told us about this place raved about the peanut butter stuffed French toast, so we had to give it a try! It was a peanut butter lover’s dream, and we would love to come back next time we are in Atlanta to try something else.
- The Harold (Midtown Manhattan) — This was the best coffee we had all year! The food was delicious too, but unfortunately the service we received wasn’t very good and that really affected our experience (almost to the point of not wanting to go back).
- Banter Irish Bar & Kitchen (Forest Hills, Queens) — This restaurant offers a fixed price for brunch which includes coffee, tea, or a cold drink. It is a little pricier than some other options, but well worth it in our opinion.
- Ward 8 (Boston, MA) — Great atmosphere with delicious food and coffee make this a great brunch option! We loved the creative options offered here, like the croissant egg sandwich pictured below.
- The Apron Cafe (West Hampton Beach, NY) — We enjoyed a relaxing brunch outside watching planes take off and land at a small airport close by. The food was delicious and was a good price for the portion received. Even better, they offered to-go iced AND hot coffee!
- Sanford’s (Astoria, Queens) — Best omelette we had all year, delicious hot AND iced coffee, and unique pancakes. Success!
- Trestle (Astoria, Queens) — This was one of our favorite places this year! We especially enjoyed the coffee and thought it was a nice touch that they still honored our request for to-go coffee even though they had to place it in kiddie cups. 🙂
- Thomas Ham & Eggery (Long Island, NY) — This restaurant boasts of the best breakfast in Long Island for 72 years, and we believe it! This was the best service we received, hands down! If you decide to give this place a try, be prepared to wait for a table, but don’t let that keep you away! This place is well worth the wait!